Friday, May 21, 2010

21st May 2009 - You are joking??

Local Swift dealer says they can get me a new shower tap 90 odd quid... and... 3 weeks wait - WHAT? No time for all that - £60 on Ebay saw precisely the right tap, on my doorstep, ready to fit within a couple of days.

Enquiries via my insurance company put me in touch with AutoWindscreens for replacement glass. Frustratingly they had no idea what the screen was from as Swift Bel-Airs do not appear on their database. With time being important I contacted Swift direct and established part numbers and yes, they had a couple in stock BUT one would have to be ordered via a dealer and... you guessed it, it would take 2 to 3 weeks!!!

Now this may be a bit of a rant but, I cannot believe that companies can be 'authorised dealers' and not carry decent levels of stock. I realise the windscreen is for a 'rare' model but the shower tap?? Come on - it is NOT acceptable to have to wait so long for parts! Rant over :-)

It was established that there would be no replacement in time for our next departure. So it would have to wait until we were back in the UK later in the year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment